SMAS Worksafe Schemes offer a fast, efficient and cost effective way of demonstrating your Health and Safety competence and gaining a nationally recognised H&S certificate from a SSIP Member Scheme.
SMAS is a proud member of the Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) Forum.
Since the launch of SSIP, many Clients and Principal Contractors now adopt an SSIP approach to H&S pre-qualification and will only use contractors who hold a valid and in date Scheme certificate issued by an SSIP Forum member.
Holding a valid SSIP Member Scheme certificate means that a contractor will have demonstrated their Stage 1 H&S competence by meeting the ‘core criteria’ as set out in the Construction (Design and Management) regulations or the H&S module in PAS91.
A key aim of the SSIP Forum is to reduce the burden and cost of H&S bureaucracy across the construction industry and as part of this, your Worksafe certificate will be recognised by the other SSIP members who offer mutual recognition – meaning that you should not have to complete a further full H&S assessment. Full details can be found at www.ssip.org.uk.
Gaining your SMAS Worksafe certificate is a fast and straightforward process.
The SMAS team will guide you through the assessment process at every stage, providing easy to complete forms, guidance notes and a telephone helpline. Many applications pass first time but if for any reason you do not meet the criteria we will provide guidance on the additional information that is required and will re-assess the application at no further cost provided the additional information is provided promptly.
Assessments will normally be completed within 3 to 5 working days.
To APPLY for a Worksafe Certificate simply click on appropriate Worksafe logo on the right hand side.
No hidden costs
The full SMAS Worksafe assessment costs from just £135 + vat
Organisations which successfully achieve full approval with SMAS will receive the following benefits:
- A copy of the SMAS Worksafe certificate
- Free use of the SMAS Worksafe logo – whilst your certificate remains in date
- Inclusion on the SSIP Portal
- Visibility to all of the SMAS Clients via the SMAS database (see below)
A valid SMAS Worksafe Certificate means you:
- can quickly and easily demonstrate your Health & Safety competence to suppliers - increasing your chances of getting onto their preferred supplier lists for tenders.
- are able to proudly display the SMAS Worksafe logo on your letterheads, publicity and vehicles - showing your clients that you are serious about safety.
- will be included on both the SMAS and SSIP database - increasing your visible to potential Clients.
- can be registered with other SSIP member schemes (who offer mutual recognition) without completing another full H&S assessment with them -saving you both time and money.
SMAS aims to become the H&S assessment scheme for UK Housebuilders. We currently manage the Approved Contractor lists for the following major housebuilders and construction organisations including:
- Persimmon Homes/Charles Church Homes
- Bloor Homes
- Miller Homes
- Redrow Homes
- Cala Homes
- William Davis Homes
- Crest Nicholson
- Countryside Properties
- Galliford Try South West
- CMB Engineering
- Bromford Developments
- Davidson Developments
- Steadberry Ltd
- Jehu Group
......and we are in discussions with many other Housebuilders and Construction companies.
SSIP Mutual Recognition
If you already hold a current SSIP Member Scheme Certificate and you wish to be visible as an approved contractor on the SMAS database, you simply need to complete our brief verification form, confirm your current accreditation with a SSIP Member Scheme, and provide copies of your current insurance documentation. Once verified you will receive a SMAS Worksafe certificate in line with your existing Scheme certificate. There is a small administration fee of £30 + vat for this service.